CAMRA Young Members
CAMRA is extremely proud of its hugely diverse membership. More than 130,803 individuals of all ages, backgrounds and both sexes enjoy their CAMRA membership. With over 11% of the total national membership being aged between 18 - 30 years old, it was felt that a section of this website should be dedicated to show the activities of this thriving group of Young CAMRA Members.
CAMRA set up a Young Members Group (YMG) in 2000 to promote and encourage the drinking of Real Ale among young people (the 18 - 30 age group) by encouraging Young Members and young non-members to join in with the numerous social activities that are organised nationwide, as well as encouraging and supporting Young Members who want to get more involved with CAMRA locally, regionally and nationally.
The YMG has a Committee that is made up of 7 younger members who meet four times a year at venues all over the UK to discuss matters that affect Young CAMRA Members. YMG Committee Meetings are taken seriously by CAMRA because visiting Young Members are actively encouraged to add their voice to the meetings. After the Committee Meetings we always have a pub-crawl of the town/city, which are led by local Young Members, because it’s not all work, work, work!
New Regional Young Persons Coordinator
Andrew Rodbourne is the CAMRA Greater Manchester Regional Young Persons Coordinator. Contact Andrew: Email email@example.com; Mobile 07827930571; Twitter @yogibarney.
Branch Young Members Commitee contacts for the Greater Manchester Region:
- Bolton - Andy Kerks - 0773 1681758; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High Peak & North East Cheshire - None
- North Manchester - Andrew Rodbourne (see Regional) and Jennie Ransome; Email: email@example.com; Mobile 07790066344
- Rochdale Oldham & Bury - None
- South East Lancashire - None
- Stockport & South Manchester - Margaret O'Brien - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trafford & Hulme - Josh Muldoon - Email: email@example.com
- Wigan - Jo Whalley - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org